Preview keeps opening 3 pictures every time lion boots

Reaction score
Ok everyone, bare with me as I'm fairly Mac newbish.. like the title says, every time I boot into lion on my macbook pro these 3 pictures ALWAYS open up in Preview. I proceed to close each one and then quit Preview. When I reboot the SAME thing happens again, the 3 pictures open. How do I get Preview to stop doing this? I'm not even sure how it happened, but it's really annoying! lol

Reaction score
System Preferences -> General: Uncheck "Restore windows when quitting and reopening apps"

Then, when you reboot your computer there should be a checkbox "Reopen Windows when I log back in" You can uncheck that as well.

Now, when you restart windows should not reopen and when you open your Preview, there shouldn't be those 3 pictures.

It's a new feature released with Lion to reopen apps and windows that were open last. I deactivated it though - wasn't exactly what I needed especially in Preview :)

OP
C
Reaction score
hey, i tried what you suggested and those 3 pics still open up when osx boots up.. any other suggestions?

Reaction score
So when you are rebooting or shutting down your machine, those 3 images are not open, Preview is not running but they still come up when you restart? Is it just 3 random images? Just pictures you looked at at some point?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.