MacBook won't Switch on - battery/charger problem

Reaction score
A few days ago I managed to spill a glass of juice over my closed 13' MacBook. I straightaway wiped it down and turned it upside down to dry it out, removed the battery etc. I stupidly left it for only about 2 hours and then tried to get it working again. It went back on and was working fine, charging and everything. Then yesterday I realised the battery prompt on the home screen read 'not charging' but I thought it was ok since it was plugged in.
I then completely switched off. The battery is only flashing now on the back and the mag charger doesn't light up with or without the battery in.

I have also tried using a friends charger from her MacBook pro and it is the same problem.

Could anyone shed any light on what part is in the wrong here!? Or do I need to prepare myself for a huge bill to sort out the whole thing?

Thanks in advance!!

Reaction score
A few days ago I managed to spill a glass of juice over my closed 13' MacBook. I straightaway wiped it down and turned it upside down to dry it out, removed the battery etc. I stupidly left it for only about 2 hours and then tried to get it working again. It went back on and was working fine, charging and everything. Then yesterday I realised the battery prompt on the home screen read 'not charging' but I thought it was ok since it was plugged in.
I then completely switched off. The battery is only flashing now on the back and the mag charger doesn't light up with or without the battery in.

I have also tried using a friends charger from her MacBook pro and it is the same problem.

Could anyone shed any light on what part is in the wrong here!? Or do I need to prepare myself for a huge bill to sort out the whole thing?

Thanks in advance!!

A word of caution: be careful using a MacBook Pro adapter to charge a MacBook. They are rated at different watts, so you could short out the MacBook.

Does one of your friends have the same kind of battery that you could borrow? If so, try that and then see if it will charge. If it does charge, then you probably have a bad battery; if not, you will probably have to take it in to get it looked at.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.