is it me or is the sound on my new PB 100% better than on my old Ibook

C

chris12345

i got my PB today and the sound that comes from the speakers is 100% better than what came out of my ibook speakers am i right or is it my ears playing tricks on me

OP
C

chris12345

i got it thismorning my specs are 1.67ghz g4 1gb ram 17inch widescreen 120gb hard drive

OP
L

lil

chris12345 said:
i got it thismorning my specs are 1.67ghz g4 1gb ram 17inch widescreen 120gb hard drive

Sounds like the new one if it has a 120gb hard disk.

Check Display in Sys Prefs.

Does it read 1680x1050.

If so, you got the new one :flower:

OP
L

lil

MightyMac said:
oh okay...then I guess you may have gotten a new one. Congrats!

Yeah freakin' sweet getting a laptop with a 120gig hard disk and the WSXGA+ resolution. To die for on a portable!!

What a sweet machine that is!! Still love my 12inch PowerBook. Might have to get one of those new batteries. 5.5hr battery life! *BLINKS* :flower:

Vicky :flower:

OP
C

chris12345

if i had known that thay where going to be upgraded i would av waited but as u said it was good timing

OP
L

lil

That screen res really makes that PowerBook sound wonderful, **** you wouldn't even need to have the cinema display plugged into it for that kind of resolution.

That said, I am glad the 23" Cinema Display dropped in price as that's what I want for my 12" PB; though, if I had your 17" with 1680x1050 - I'd not need it!

Vicky

OP
M

MightyMac

lil said:
Yeah freakin' sweet getting a laptop with a 120gig hard disk and the WSXGA+ resolution. To die for on a portable!!

What a sweet machine that is!! Still love my 12inch PowerBook. Might have to get one of those new batteries. 5.5hr battery life! *BLINKS* :flower:

Vicky :flower:

I love my old pb too. Although, the longer battery life on the new ones makes me want to go out and buy one right now. If it wasn't for my bank account being cashtrated, I would.

5.5 hrs on a pb. is unheard of.....someone test that spec out!! Getting fidgety...

OP
L

lil

Not sure if it's logic board changes or higher watt-hr rated battery... I'll try and find out. If so, I'm getting one for my PB. That'd give me realistically speaking 9 1/2hrs away from AC run time. Excellent!

Vicky

OP
L

lil

To get the quoted 4hrs out of my 12" PB, I need airport and bluetooth off, battery performance selected and screen on its dimmest setting.

That's just for reference! Bear in mind it was also powering my USB ADSL modem when I did that measurement.

Vicky

OP
C

chris12345

ok ive got 1 houre battery power left i am useing wireless to connect to the net i have the keyboard back light on and the screenon full so with out trying to save power im getting about 4hours give or take a few mins

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
That's incredible. And that's just the 17". Imagine the 15", WITH power saving settings on.

OP
C

chris12345

Meyvn said:
That's incredible. And that's just the 17". Imagine the 15", WITH power saving settings on.

i got 4 hours and 23mins b4 it put it's self to sleep tomorrow i will try it with all the power saveing turnd on see if i can get 5.5 hours or more :spook:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.