iPhoto question

Reaction score
I have a slide show that I produced in iPhoto on the mac. I want to export it so that the formatting of the pictures and the music can be played by anyone, I.e., I can save it as a file and transfer it. When I try to do this as a quicktime movie, the formatting and music gets screwed up. There is an option to export 'as a slide show' but I think that means that the receiver would need to play it on another mac with iPhoto. Is this so, or could anyone view it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Which version of iPhoto are you using?

is an option to export
Do you mean the Export button at the bottom right of the iPhoto window? That exports as a movie, choose the highest setting comparable with the resolution of your photos. The formatting and music should be OK.

OP
E
Reaction score
The problem is that Quicktime messes up the music and formatting of the slideshow. I need to make it into something which can be sent to other people, whether or not they have a Mac, without using Quicktime.

thanks very much for any help.

Reaction score
iPhoto Question

Does it seem inordinately difficult to post a slideshow to a blog?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.