• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple updates iPad 2 Smart Covers with 'more vibrant' colors

Reaction score
Apple updates iPad 2 Smart Covers with 'more vibrant' colors

smartcoverheader.jpg

Along with the MacBook Pro updates this morning, Apple's store is now featuring a revamped line of Smart Covers for the iPad 2. There's a new 'Dark Gray' polyurethane cover, and all the poly covers feature 'more vibrant colors' and color-matched microfiber linings.

As the design gods giveth, they also taketh away: the orange Smart Cover is being dropped from the line. If you were planning to customize for Halloween, better rush out and get one before they're all gone.

Thanks to everyone who sent this in.

Apple updates iPad 2 Smart Covers with 'more vibrant' colors originally appeared on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Mon, 24 Oct 2011 10:05:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

SourceÂ*|Â*PermalinkÂ*|Â*Email thisÂ*|Â*Comments

Read more

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I still like the leather ones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Still annoyed I can't get basic black without paying for an overpriced leather one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" 2.7 Ghz Quad Core . MacBook Pro 17" . AppleTV 2 . iPhone 4S . iPad 2 3G . AppleTV 2
I wish they made a full cover like they had for the iPad 1

Reaction score
I agree, a full cover with the smart cover would be nice.
I like normal, boring colors but the fact that they made it only in leather is kind of upsetting.. too pricey.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.