Could someone update me on status of iMac's?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.16
Hi,

When did iMac's get their last update? I am looking to get a new iMac soon but I noticed on the store that they do not ship with SSD's as standard. In fact the only option is on the 27" Mac and that adds £400 to the price!

Would it be worth waiting? It seems like just about every other Mac based product is shipping with SSD's as standard. iMac has to be next right?

Reaction score
Hi,

When did iMac's get their last update? I am looking to get a new iMac soon but I noticed on the store that they do not ship with SSD's as standard. In fact the only option is on the 27" Mac and that adds £400 to the price!

Would it be worth waiting? It seems like just about every other Mac based product is shipping with SSD's as standard. iMac has to be next right?

Looking at the iMac's last few "refreshes" the next one shouldnt be out until Q2 next year. No definative answer on it though.

I ordered a new 27" iMac on Saturday night and spec'd the 1TB plus 256GB SSD. Its a lot of money but thought I may was wel go for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Indeed. Most recent iMacs were released mid '11, so it's safe to presume it'd be atleast 12 months (from mid '11) before the next one.

Well mines a month old, so it better be! I'd be hot if they released a new one next week. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.