Documents Deleted from all devices with iCloud sync

Reaction score
For the following just assume I followed all the guidelines on syncing a document across all devices, and MacAir, with iCloud: created doc in Pages on a mobile device (after switching over to iCloud).

Problem 1:
After following all that, then the doc should be available on iPhone and MacAir when logged into iCloud on Internet (Safari). But when I look for it on iPhone Pages, it is there for a second and then deleted.

Problem 2:
After seeing doc deleted on device, I try logging onto iCloud with MacAir. I select iWork, but even though I have Pages on my computer for years and it is updated, the only thing I can see is a welcome page saying, "iCloud for Pages," and providing only two links. One for "Learning More" and one to "Get Pages for OS." I've seen some posts about clicking on the settings wheel to work something out, but I don't have a settings wheel anywhere. The same thing happens for Numbers and Keynote.

What do I do to make doc syncing in iCloud work correctly across mobile devices and computer?

I've seen some talk about this, but I haven't seen any real answers.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
For the following just assume I followed all the guidelines on syncing a document across all devices, and MacAir, with iCloud: created doc in Pages on a mobile device (after switching over to iCloud).

Problem 1:
After following all that, then the doc should be available on iPhone and MacAir when logged into iCloud on Internet (Safari). But when I look for it on iPhone Pages, it is there for a second and then deleted.

Problem 2:
After seeing doc deleted on device, I try logging onto iCloud with MacAir. I select iWork, but even though I have Pages on my computer for years and it is updated, the only thing I can see is a welcome page saying, "iCloud for Pages," and providing only two links. One for "Learning More" and one to "Get Pages for OS." I've seen some posts about clicking on the settings wheel to work something out, but I don't have a settings wheel anywhere. The same thing happens for Numbers and Keynote.

What do I do to make doc syncing in iCloud work correctly across mobile devices and computer?

I've seen some talk about this, but I haven't seen any real answers.

Did you sign up for iCloud and have a login?

You have to login if you haven't and then go to the iWorks site.

I am not on my Mac so I can't post any screen shots. If you can't find it I'll try to post back.

OP
D
Reaction score
Yep. I've logged in to iCloud. I've activated and logged into iCloud on my MacAir and my iPhone and iPad. I've logged out and deleted anything related to MobileMe (iDisk) - a post somewhere else had mentioned doing that. I do have an Apple ID for iCloud and one for iTunes/App store. As background, I got an Apple ID before I decided to use MobileMe. And for whatever reason, I decided to use a different login for my MobileMe account when I got a me.com email address. So, according to Apple Support, I cannot merge the two, and it suggested that I just use my current me.com email address for iCloud and continue using my original Apple ID for iTunes/App stores, as I had been doing. I don't know if that is an issue with all of this.

OP
D
Reaction score
Did you sign up for iCloud and have a login?

You have to login if you haven't and then go to the iWorks site.

I am not on my Mac so I can't post any screen shots. If you can't find it I'll try to post back.

After this post, I did go back over everything and notice I wasn't "logged in" in Pages on my MacAir. But I logged-in under the "Share" folder in Pages after I opened Pages. Long story short, it seems to be working across all my devices. We'll see if it holds out. Thanks Razormac. I technically was logged-in but if you hadn't asked again, I may not have gone back to check the Pages thing on my MacAir.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.