No Audio Devices Found

Reaction score
The other day, I was attempting to play music from my headphones (using headphone jack) and my bluetooth headphones at the same time. I opened Audio MIDI Setup tried to make it work. Eventually, it froze and now I get the error of the circle with the diagonal line through it anytime I try to change the volume. Also, System Preferences does not work at all, and every other application runs slow and I get the pinwheel very often. When I look at Audio MIDI Setup now it says no audio devices and I cannot play sound. I have tried entering the "sudo killall coreaudiod" command in terminal and restarting my computer using alt+command+p+r. When I try this it makes the classic apple startup noise, but then the sound still does not work. Any idea what is going on? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Did you use the PRAM reset properly? e.g. holding it down until it restarts the 2nd time?

You might also want to try a SMC reset.

OP
J
Reaction score
I did do the PRAM rest properly, and I just tried the SMC reset, but it also didn't fix the problem. Thanks anyways.

Reaction score
Did you fix it?

Did you fix the problem? I have the same problem. Need it fixed ASAP. Please help!!!!:Shouting:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.