Iphoto quits unexpectedly

Reaction score
everytime i try to import photos into Iphoto it quits unexpectedly. any suggestions? I am running Lion on an imac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
Do you have the most recent version of iPhoto? (maybe upgrading to the current version could help). I would also try repairing disk permission and other maintenance to see if that will fix the issue. Do you have a Time Machine backup? You could roll back to a previous time when it was working as well.

OP
oddjobbb
Reaction score
it is the newest version i may try the repair permissions , and the try time machine after that thanks. any other suggestions?

OP
oddjobbb
Reaction score
i repaired the permissions that didnt work next i deleted iphoto from the computer and then reloaded it from the app store still not working.
i am at a loss.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
Same here. You're not the only one having this issue though. There is another current thread about this. Not sure what else could fix it now for sure other than rolling back to when it worked with TM. Might also want to contact Apple support or search their forums as well.

Reaction score
Ive found the issue to be a file that is installed on your HD called 3vix. You can access the folder in Library/Application support/3vix. In that folder should be an unistall program. Run it and restart. This will remove the 3vix. If that folder does not exist, you can find the 3vix install for Mac on the web. Re-install it to an earlier version.

3vix is installed on your machine if you have such things as a flip camera.

Ive found no problems after removing it.

Verne

Reaction score
Awesome!

This worked great for me! Your a freakin' genius. None of the other solutions on-line came close, and it was suggested that I reinstall Lion. Thank You!!!

Reaction score
iphoto shutting down

Where did you find the library/application support/3vix? I don't even see a "library" anywhere. Not in Finder, not in the Apple icon, nowhere. "Search" doesn't find it, either. Any advice on where to find that so I can get rid of it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.