Firefox problems with ibook trackpad

T

taebert

I am a recent switcher who installed firefox on my new ibook. When I use the two finger drag to scroll method, firefox seems to follow any link that the mouse crosses. I do not have trackpad double tap enabled. I looked on the firefox site and did a quick Google for the problem but didn't turn anything up.

pls help

taebert

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
iScroll2 said:
Finally, FireFox users should note that FireFox by default is set to interpret any horizontal scrolling as forward/back. In conjunction with iScroll2 (or other means of allowing horizontal scrolling), this can lead to unintentional jumping between pages. Fortunately, FireFox' default behavior can be changed as follows:

1. go to about:config (i.e. type it in FireFox' address field)
2. set mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey.action to 0
3. set mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines to false
4. play around with the mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey.numlines and mousewheel.withnokey.numlines values until you're satisfied with the scrolling speed

Yes, that is extremely annoying. What is happening is that it is going back to the last link that you visited -- like the back button, I believe.

I found it here, towards the middle: http://www-users.kawo2.rwth-aachen.de/~razzfazz/iscroll2/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.