iPhone Cracks and more!

Reaction score
Hi There!
Ok, so, I purchased an iPhone 3GS, 32GB, White in December of last year, then having to go to the apple store and getting it replaced, due to battery length issues. So they replaced it with another one, great!

Now guess what, that replacement iPhone has now got tonnes of issues.
First of all, there are cracks appearing at the bottom of the phone, near the docking port and by the sim card tray.(note i have not dropped the iPhone ever!)

Second: If I push the top left of the phone near the silent switch, it vibrates.
So sometimes, when on silent, the phone will go on to loud mode.... Im Fed up.

And Lastly, there is a mysterious ticking noise whenever I listen to music on the speaker this is very annoying.

Enough is enough, so I booked a genius Bar Appointment tomorrow to see what they have to say.
I need your guys help, what do you think they'll do, will they replace it again or send it off for repair... or an upgrade?

Thanks guys!

Reaction score
Hi There!
Ok, so, I purchased an iPhone 3GS, 32GB, White in December of last year, then having to go to the apple store and getting it replaced, due to battery length issues. So they replaced it with another one, great!

Now guess what, that replacement iPhone has now got tonnes of issues.
First of all, there are cracks appearing at the bottom of the phone, near the docking port and by the sim card tray.(note i have not dropped the iPhone ever!)

Second: If I push the top left of the phone near the silent switch, it vibrates.
So sometimes, when on silent, the phone will go on to loud mode.... Im Fed up.

And Lastly, there is a mysterious ticking noise whenever I listen to music on the speaker this is very annoying.

Enough is enough, so I booked a genius Bar Appointment tomorrow to see what they have to say.
I need your guys help, what do you think they'll do, will they replace it again or send it off for repair... or an upgrade?

Thanks guys!

I would just go explain the situation in a calm mannor and ask what can they do for you. i would think they will just replace it like they did before. Good Luck and welcome to the forums..

OP
T
Reaction score
Ok, so I went and mentioned all the faults,
He tured round and said they can't do anything because its not in warranty!!!
***!!!
He said you only have a three month warranty with a replacement and twelve with a newly bought iPhone
Nearly $200 to replace it again, is this normal?
I don't really feel like paying that
Should I take out apple care on it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
I think you can only take out apple care out on a product at the time of purchase.

To be fair though, the warranty should just carry across to the new phone, so you should have had whatever was remaining on the first one, transferred to the new one. Ergo, it's still in warranty by about 5 weeks?

When my iPad went belly up, I took it into Apple and they replaced it like for like, and transferred the remaining warranty to my 'new' iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
If the phone was purchased brand new last December from an authorized reseller, take your proof of purchase back into the store, show that it is less than 1 year old and should still be covered under the original warranty. The 90 day warranty for replacements is for units that fall outside the normal warranty period. You would be covered for 90 days minimum, or the remainder of your original warranty, whichever is longer.

If it is actually out of warranty, ask them to replace it for poor battery life - the cost difference is $79 for a replacement for a worn out battery versus $199 for anything else.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.