Help: Did I buy a fake Mophie Juice Pack Plus?

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I bought 4 pieces of Mophie Juice Pack Plus during a promotion ran by my local bank.

Upon receiving the products, I thought that the packaging looks 'different'. Went to an authorised Apple products reseller and found that the packaging of the Juice Packs that I bought are indeed different.

What I bought - The packaging underneath the flap is totally black. You can hardly see the black wordings printed on it.
fake or real.JPG

The real stuff - The real packaging underneath the flap is fades from black (top) to grey (buttom).
real packaging.png

Would anyone happen to know if what I bought were fakes?

OP
I
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I did a check with Mophie's tech support and they informed me that the ones that I had were fakes. Anyway, I eventually got hold of the real ones, did a comparison, and decided to share with all the difference that I spotted between the fake and the real. Please check out my blog How to spot the fake product for details on the difference. Cheers.

OP
I
Reaction score
The buttons on the fake ones doesn't work. You can't press anything. As for the charging. It does but read from another post that the pack doesn't charge up to 100% eventually.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 24" imac osx 10.7.5, 2.16 GHz 4 m SDRAM(low latency), IPHONE 5s 64 ,IPAD 3RD GEN. 64G verizon
Thanks for this post .

We just got 2 IPHONE 4s 64 gb. I will be buying Mophie juice pack plus , possibly 2. One for me and one for Kathleen (My wife). I have read about the possibility of fakes in some reviews. I will order direct from Mophie now. Thanks again.

Reaction score
:Lips-Are-Sealed:
Hi guys,
I bought 4 pieces of Mophie Juice Pack Plus during a promotion ran by my local bank.

Upon receiving the products, I thought that the packaging looks 'different'. Went to an authorised Apple products reseller and found that the packaging of the Juice Packs that I bought are indeed different.

What I bought - The packaging underneath the flap is totally black. You can hardly see the black wordings printed on it.
View attachment 16059

The real stuff - The real packaging underneath the flap is fades from black (top) to grey (buttom).
View attachment 16060

please check this : FAKE iPhone4 Mophie Juice Pack Plus External Battery Case - YouTube

:Lips-Are-Sealed:please check this ebay seller:

this Chinese Ebay seller id name is: yanxiang1982

How to spot a fake Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 4 / 4S
My personal experience...

Background
My local financial institution was running a 'most wanted gadgets' promotion and they had these Mophie Juice Pack Plus (for iPhone 4 / 4S) on sale. This product if purchased from my local authorised resellers would cost USD124. The promotion was selling it for only USD47. I bought 4 pieces and suspected that the products fakes as the quality was not as good as the genuine ones from authorised resellers. I contacted the manufacturer and got confirmation that the ones that I bought were fakes.

How to spot the fake
I eventually got the genuine product, did a comparison and end up with the following findings. Please note that I cannot confirm that my findings are correct. Do take a look and you be the judge :)

(i) Packaging
Fake packaging (underneath the flap) is black and you can't see the wordings printed on the box. Genuine packaging fades from black to grey (top to buttom) and you can read the wordings.

Fake packaging packs the Juice Pack Plus facing up. Real packaging packs the Juice Pack Plus facing down.

(ii) Serial Number tag
Fake serial number tags seems to be shabby compared to the real ones.

(iii) Inner packaging (back of the box that holds the product)
The fine printing on the fake packaging cannot be read. The fine printing on the real packaging is very clear.

(iv) Inner packaging (backing with the words Mophie Loves You)
The fonts are different. Look out for the E, S, U. See if you can spot the difference.

(v) Quality of product
Most obvious factor in spotting the fake. The fake product has a huge gap and fitment is not good.

ALL buttons on the fake products cannot be pressed. They are like glued to the casing itself. Buttons on the real products can (obviously) be pressed :) There seems to be a difference in the buttons too.

:Angry:BEWARE----please check this : FAKE iPhone4 Mophie Juice Pack Plus External Battery Case - YouTube: FAKE iPhone4 Mophie Juice Pack Plus External Battery Case - YouTube

please check this ebay seller:

Hi guys,

View attachment 16059

View attachment 16060

:Confused: please check this : FAKE iPhone4 Mophie Juice Pack Plus External Battery Case - YouTube

How to spot a fake Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 4 / 4S
My personal experience...

please check this : FAKE iPhone4 Mophie Juice Pack Plus External Battery Case - YouTube

Reaction score
So does your bank know that they are selling fake Juice Packs?
mathews_hmmm.gif

I've got to think that if my local bank was selling some sort of knock-off technology thinking it was real, I'd have an awful hard time trusting them with my money!
mathews_nervous.gif

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Another thing to add - a real mophie will always be fully charged when you receive it. If you get a mophie without any juice in it, it's probably a fake. Also I would recommend never buying from eBay, we don't partner with them and they are notorious for selling counterfeit mophies.

- Katie at mophie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.