• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Importing footage into iMovie

Reaction score
Here is another issue:
iMovie used to automatically start importing my movie clips when I connected my camera. Now it does not do it anymore. I can't even manually import clips from my camera into iMovie. I have to do it in a 2-step way, copy the clips to the hard drive and then go to iMovie and import them from my hard drive.
Is there a way to reset the function so I can import the footage directly into iMovie again? Thank you!

Reaction score
Importing footage into iMovie Reply to Thread

Hawk77, if your camera stores stuff on SD cards, you can connect the cam, open imovie to the event you're importing to, and either: 1. select File>Import from camera (also command/I), or 2. open up the contents window of your SD card and drag the selected files all the way over to the name of the event you're importing to. If you just drag the files to the project files area for events (where you expect to see them load), and don't drag them all the way over to the left where the events titles are, they will not have been imported. Not sure that this applies to non-HD footage. Hope that helps!

Jeffnar

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.