iTunes sync: "Waiting For Items To Copy"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2010 15" MBP; late 2012 11" MBA; iPhone 5
Issue that 3 AppleCare calls + a trip to the Genius Bar (two Geniuses, 90 minutes) didn't resolve: when I connect iPhone 4s (or 3GS for a week before that) to MacBook Pro 10.5 iTunes, the sync hangs at the last stage, "waiting for items to copy."

Tried all permutations of checking/unchecking things to sync; iCloud works fine; iTunes reinstalled; p-lists trashed (by Genius); permissions fixed.

Items seem to be synced but the process never "finishes". I have to eject the phone to stop the sync.

I suspect a bug with 10.5. Any opinions? Thanks.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Issue that 3 AppleCare calls + a trip to the Genius Bar (two Geniuses, 90 minutes) didn't resolve: when I connect iPhone 4s (or 3GS for a week before that) to MacBook Pro 10.5 iTunes, the sync hangs at the last stage, "waiting for items to copy."

Tried all permutations of checking/unchecking things to sync; iCloud works fine; iTunes reinstalled; p-lists trashed (by Genius); permissions fixed.

Items seem to be synced but the process never "finishes". I have to eject the phone to stop the sync.

I suspect a bug with 10.5. Any opinions? Thanks.

I have this problem too, but only on my MacMini.
Originally setup to sync my iPad and iPhone to my MBP, decided to try moving sync to my MacMini (tried to do this by copying Backup Folder from my MBP). The experiment worked but I also get syncs that never finish (even when left over night).

I can still sync to my MBP without issues. So, I am not certain it is strictly an iTunes 10.5 issue.

Reaction score
This is happening to me as well. I usually eject it and hope it's not ruining anything. It still seems to sync but I worry that I might be damaging my software.

OP
Command Alt Ego
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
resolved the issue. tried a second iPhone restore, and this time it worked.

Reaction score
Restore worked. It now finishes syncing but I seem to have lost some of the artwork. I try to re download it and it says that iTunes can't find the artwork. I had it before and had downloaded it from iTunes. Weird.

OP
Command Alt Ego
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I lost my phone's Camera Roll. Fortunately, I'd backed it up to iPhoto.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.