So annoying... Help?

Reaction score
I got a MBP a couple of months ago and I have been very happy with it, but since the begininning I have wanted to start with a clean pallet and format the HDD as I bought it used. I got a copy of Lion and got the Installed.dmg or whatever it is and burned it to a disk to format the HDD. I then turned my MBP on while holding "c". Everything was working great! It started installing, but when it got to around 30 mins in the ETA it gave me an error.

" Mac OS X could not be installed on your computer. Mac OS X can't be installed on the disk Macintosh HD. Visit Apple. Click Restart to return to your previous version of Mac OS X"

After googling it I found several troubleshooting steps to try. I tried resetting my PRAM. I also tried re-sizing my HDD. After trying multiple times and getting the same error, I am about to just give up on Mac. I just want to start "fresh" and I can't. *sigh* Please Help me Mac nerds. Ily <|3

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Need a little more info to really provide any advice.

What MBP do you have?
What version of OS X is currently on the machine?
You "got" Lion from where?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agree with Bob.

Also what did you install the DMG to and how did you do it? That could be your issue.

OP
S
Reaction score
Need a little more info to really provide any advice.

What MBP do you have?
What version of OS X is currently on the machine?
You "got" Lion from where?

It's a MBP from mid 2009 I believe.

As of now I have Lion installed.

I bought it and I followed several tutorials that explained how to get a InstalED.dmg from a folder called "Shared Support" within Lion itself. I burnt it to a disk. I don't belive that's the prob

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.