MacBookPro Stuck in XP Bootcamp

Reaction score
I tried to upgrade to Lion, from Leopard, now I can't get past the gray screen. Other than holding "option" while starting...I tried apple + v, apple + c, the whole "p + r + apple," and even took the battery out, held down the power button and still nothin'.....I've researched it, I don't get it. Fortunately I have the boot camp windows rockin' and just hold "option/alt" when I start up and I'm all good. I also got a program (HFSExplorer) to see my normal HD, but all I can do is see it!!!! I can't do anything but attempt to extract and then it seems every file has certain folders and files (all the same name for each file), doesn't make since. PLEASE HELP!!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can not upgrade to Lion from Leopard. Upgrading to Lion is done from Snow Leopard. Lion can only be purchased from the App store and you have to have Snow Leopard 10.6.6 in order to access the App store. Where did you get the copy of Lion from?

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks...

Sorry, "Snow" Leopard...Downloaded it from App store. (My XP is Slipstreamed though...) If there aren't any tips then that's okay I guess, I'll just go to the Apple Store, it's just a ways away from me and my warranty is out. Don't appreciate the insinuations (defamatory libel can be insinuated ((U.S. Laws)). I know the upgrade price is a little spendy...? I can give you more legitimate particulars if you like...if not, blah...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No one is insinuating anything. You're the one who stated you tried to upgrade from Leopard to Lion. Everything posted after that was based on your statement.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.