File management

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 10.6.8
I'd like to know some inexpensive resources for learning more about file management. My iMac recently froze because I had too many files on the desktop (2500) which I put there temporarily while sorting. The computer tech tactfully (ha ha) said to get some help with file management so I don't do it again. Any suggestions?

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 10.6.8
I'll check it out when my iMac is back from the shop :( and report in. Being a fairly new Mac user and self taught in general, I'm knowledgable in some areas and fairly ignorant in others. Thanks.

C

chas_m

Read the essay in my signature. File management on the Mac is really a no-brainer if you just do what Apple has already set up. There are some users who need more powerful file management but they are pretty few and far between and they have the CLI and third-party tools if they want them.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 10.6.8
Essay

Thanks for your helpful essay. It's a new mindset switching over from a PC, and I appreciate all of your willingness and patience to help us newbies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.