How useful is siri

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
Texting while driving... Worth it for that alone. Then the reminders and appointments. So easy to just tell the phone what I need to do and it's taken care of.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Used my neighbors now I want it just can't upgrade yet.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Pretty awesome I'd say. Especially if you want to find stuff locally. The texting while driving is awesome too.

Reaction score
I think Siri is great. As obviously mentioned, it is in beta. From what I've seen so far though, it's got a lot of potential and it's very exciting. I've been speaking to a few people about Siri recently and their opinions are quite varied. I've heard so many people saying that it's useless. Typically, these people don't even have an iPhone. I get the idea that most people don't really know what it's capable of and that it's simply just a polished version of the Voice Recognition which ships on all iPhones. Well, I guess we know better, right? :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I think Siri is great. As obviously mentioned, it is in beta. From what I've seen so far though, it's got a lot of potential and it's very exciting. I've been speaking to a few people about Siri recently and their opinions are quite varied. I've heard so many people saying that it's useless. Typically, these people don't even have an iPhone. I get the idea that most people don't really know what it's capable of and that it's simply just a polished version of the Voice Recognition which ships on all iPhones. Well, I guess we know better, right? :)

How can these people have opinions on something they don't own or have not experienced. >_>?

Reaction score

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.