How do I stop iTunes from opening Automatically?

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to this site, but hopefully someone can help me get this problem I'm having fixed. It's verrrry annoying.:Not-Amused:;)
I just bought an iPad2 last week, and I don't know if it's something I did on that without realizing it or not, but now my iTunes opens automatically, on my desk top. It happens about every 5-10 minutes. I don't have anything (such as my iPad, or iPhone) connected to my desktop when this happens, it just happens for no apparent reason. Did I change some setting, or can someone P-l-e-a-s-e tell me how to stop this from happening. It never did this before I bought my iPad, and I've had iTunes for almost two years now.
Please help me.
Thank you in advance:Mischievous:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Do you have an iPad or iPhone set up to sync wirelessly? I haven't experienced the problem you are describing but perhaps it is trying to complete sync.

Try creating a new user account, if you don't already have a second one, and see if the same thing happens when logged in to that account.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi Skydude,
Yes I have an iPad, which I just bought a week ago, and also an iPhone, which I've had for almost two years. I really don't know if they're setup to sync wirelessly or not, but I do have them both set up wirelessly, so when I'm at home I'm not using the 3G network. How can I tell if they are set up to sync wirelessly? As you can tell, I'm not totally literate when it comes to this kinda stuff.
I really hate to create a new user account if I don't have to although as a last resort I will, if it comes to that. The only thing I did try, and at the moment It seems to have worked, although I haven't accessed iTunes since I did it, so I don't know what will happen once I do. But I went into my computer on msconfig, and noticed that iTunes was set to come on when I booted up my computer, so I turned that off. So far iTunes hasn't popped up again, but as I say, I haven't accessed iTunes since, so once I do, I'm not sure if it'll start happening again or not. I guess time will tell.
Thanks so much for your help though. It's much appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.