PC Network Administrator has switched!

I

Insomnia

Hello Everyone,

Yes I've been using Windows for over 11 years now and after using this slick ibook that I just bought, every time I see a windows interface I could just vomit. I am so god **** sick of windows and the myriad of problems that accompany it. And I haven't just been using the home operating systems I've also been using all of their Server software, Windows NT, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, etc. and I've decided that they all suck.

If you never install any software on a windows machine and only use the computer for solitaire, notepad, and maybe the calculator, then it would work just fine. But every time you add any software the system starts to slow down, or crash, and top it off with millions of spy ware programs and thousands of viruses, and a new security threat every week and you might as well use your windows computer as door stop or a high chair, and possibly something to yell at whenever you get really angry about anything.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m smart enough to use a windows computer, it just requires so much upkeep, and the security threats are never ending. Plus windows is ugly. However I do have to give them kudos for Excel and Word, those are two good programs. And I’ll still have to keep my pc around for gaming until Mac can catch up, which I think will happen within the next 5 years.

What I really like about this ibook is that it's so **** cool looking, and a long battery life, and there’s something about Mac fonts that’s so smooth looking; you'd think all those other pc manufactures would stop using that cheap gray plastic material that they've used for the last ten years.

And I can actually get some work done instead of having to work on my computer, what a concept!

Anyway it's great to be apart of the Mac community.

Cheers
-insomnia

OP
L

lil

The fonts look so smooth and wonderful due to the PDF rendering engine that sits low level in OS X, it makes Microsoft's Cleartype look like a poor relation!

Enjoy your Mac, and welcome to enjoying computing once more!

Vicky :flower:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
welcome, i feel the same way everytime i use my iBook and it has been 6 months.

OP

1hot5.0

Welcome, and congratulations on your new mac. I purchased an I book about 2 months ago, and I do not turn on my windows pc unless I want to play games, which is happening less and less...

I have also been involved with windows for many years. I am going to school to become a computer network enginneer, and I am a complete convert to a mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
congratulations and welcome to the world of mac!!!!!

Reaction score
Blacksburg, VA - home of System X, making your pow
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 DA 466 MHz
Insomnia said:
possibly something to yell at whenever you get really angry about anything.-insomnia

Haha, it's funny, I work on my iBook with my PC on the desk next to it, and every once in a while, it will be doing something stupid and I just yell at it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.