iOS 5 and it's jumpy sounds!

Reaction score
Okay, so ever since I updated to iOS 5, my ringtones/notification sounds have been off. Whenever I receive a text/notification, it vibrates like 3ish times before making a sound, and then when it does make the sound, it's like I'm getting 5 texts at once, but it's only one text message. Is it just my phone being a cracker, or has anyone else been experiencing this? It's getting really annoying and I don't want to have to leave my iPhone on silent for the rest of it's life!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Ugh I have something similar to that. Sometimes it doesn't make any noise at all. Like the slide to unlock and the power button to sleep mode doesn't make the click sound.

I have the sound all the way up and I don't have it on silent. It's frustrating but it goes away after I restart the phone. Looks like we aren't the only ones either. Linky.

OP
Kanna
Reaction score
Mine's tending to do it mostly when something's open. Say I have Facebook open, it'll make these crazy over and over sounds, but sometimes it doesn't. Today, however, I haven't heard my text tone normal once. Regardless of something being open behind it or not. :/ it's really beginning to tick me off.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Mine's tending to do it mostly when something's open. Say I have Facebook open, it'll make these crazy over and over sounds, but sometimes it doesn't. Today, however, I haven't heard my text tone normal once. Regardless of something being open behind it or not. :/ it's really beginning to tick me off.

I would bring into the Apple store and show it them when it starts to exhibits the problem. I'm thinking about going in as well if it happens again. Since I've gotten it. It has happened three times. >_>"

Quick update. After reading through more pages on the link that I posted...apparently the fix is to push on the right hand corner of your iphone. Guess what...it actually works.

Ticked off because it happened again! I was about to schedule an appointment tomorrow to go to the Apple store but the problem is fixed for me. It still annoying though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.