iCal item not synching to iPhone and vice versa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 inch, 2020
I just switched to iCloud to sync my calendar events and it created duplicate events, which I deleted, but when I add a new event on my phone or mac, it doesn't transfer to the other device. Any ideas? Thanks

Reaction score
to sync your iCloud calendar to your Mac
1. open up prefs in iCal and go to accounts, then add new account.
2. Select "iCloud" account.
3. Once you do, you will notice that you will have a duplicate of every event in your calendar. This is because it is displaying both "your mac calendar" (OnMyMac) and "iCloud" calendar all at once. All you got to do is click on calendars on the top left and deselect all the "your mac calendars" leaving solely the iCloud calendars.
4. Then go into iCal preferences to reselect default calendar, picking one of the iCloud calendars. Otherwise new appointments will still be created in an OnMyMac calendar.

Reaction score
I tried the above and there is no option for icloud in my Accounts set up: I can add only CalDAV, exchange, mobileme, google or yahoo. No iCloud I have deactivated my mobileme.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Have you upgraded to Lion on your Mac? Otherwise the sync settings will only partly populate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", OS 10.11.6, 2.7 GHz, Intel Core i5, 12 GB, 1333 MHz, DDR3; iPhone 6, 16 GB, iPad mini
iCloud Synch

My iCal synchs to my iPhone, however events entered on the iPhone calendar do not appear in iCal. Also the birthday calendar does not show up on my iPhone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.