Can't import to Iphoto

Reaction score
Guys, I'm in a pickle. Recently bought a new mbp and used Migration Assistant to move things from my old white macbook.

I have two frustrations with iPhoto. In iPhoto there are certain folders that I can't get to. I can see the folder, scroll through the pictures with the mouse sliding across the image, but when I open it I get that darn exclamation point. I've tried repairing permissions, etc but right now I can't get to most of my older pictures. No permission.

This next thing is more frustrating and even alarming. I can't import images. I connect my card to the computer, iPhoto asks if I want to import. I say yes, I watch it import the pictures and then after I shut down and open it back up, they aren't there. Nowhere to be found. It's crazy. I can recreate this same problem every time. It imports them, then they disappear.

Help a brother out?

C

chas_m

I'd certainly start by running Repair Permissions from Disk Utility. Once that's done, you should also try launching iPhoto with BOTH the command AND option keys held down, which will produce a "repair options" dialog box. Check every option, let it do its thing, then quit and restart iPhoto. That SHOULD clear up the issues, let us know if it doesn't.

OP
J
Reaction score
chas_m,

You're the man. That worked perfectly. Can't tell you how much I appreciate that information. Love this board.

Reaction score
Thanks!

I had the same problem after Apple replaced my harddrive. And your advice worked like a charm. My iPhoto is working again. Thanks!!:Cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.