may be you guys can help

C

chris12345

i have been asked by a m8 of mine if i can solve his admin password problem he had a powerbook but had forgot the administrator password. he knows the guest account password he hasnt got the install cds that came with the computer but he dose have a copy of tiger. if i put in the dvd and press c wile booting can i format and reinstall because there is nothing on the PB that he need to keep so it's on to wipe but i dont know if this can be dont because i have neva had the need to format and reinstall be if aneyone can give me sum advice it would be very helpfull

OP
L

lil

chris12345 said:
i have been asked by a m8 of mine if i can solve his admin password problem he had a powerbook but had forgot the administrator password. he knows the guest account password he hasnt got the install cds that came with the computer but he dose have a copy of tiger. if i put in the dvd and press c wile booking can i format and reinstall because there is nothing on the PB that he need to keep so it's on to wipe but i dont know if this can be dont because i have neva had the need to format and reinstall be if aneyone can give me sum advice it would be very helpfull

Yes it would work.

Except his copy would be illegal, and in fact so would yours as it would be on two PowerBooks.

Either get the original restore CDs for that PowerBook (eBay) or buy a full copy of Tiger.

Lesson to learn: either don't buy a computer without the restore/OS CDs, or if you do get them, look after them.

Vicky

OP
L

lil

chris12345 said:
im sorry his is a full copy of tiger he got it today to do his PB

Then yes it will work, sorry I mis-read :flower: Do accept my apologies, I just read far too many post with illegal behaviour going on!!

Yep just stick disc one in the drive, reboot and hold down C. Follow the instructions and it's a piece of cake.

Vicky

OP
C

chris12345

thats ok i dont like illegal software but im not going to start ranting on about that because i will be up all night LOL as long as i no i am going to be able to soft it out for him im happy and i go agree with you if u get a new computer with restore cd's you shuld keen them in a safe place ive had my powerbook for almost 3 years and if i shuld need to i could lay my hands on them right now

Reaction score
London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Ca
Your Mac's Specs
Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.
chris12345 said:
thats ok i dont like illegal software but im not going to start ranting on about that because i will be up all night LOL as long as i no i am going to be able to soft it out for him im happy and i go agree with you if u get a new computer with restore cd's you shuld keen them in a safe place ive had my powerbook for almost 3 years and if i shuld need to i could lay my hands on them right now

Agreed in an ideal world, however what about us poor souls who travel?? OI ask you good Sir's??

Nah seriously though, I travel all over the world and have been home the Uk for 3 months in last 3 years and that is a week here and there. I have homes in other countrys so my discs are bit spread around.

No joking aside I know what you mean. I got caught out once when I was in australia, with no restore disc. I had mine fed exd to me by my family. Another time I had to pop in to the apple store in Regents street and the guy once he established that I owned that machine, reinstalled my ibook to factory software state. So i have all the time for apple geniuses.

Now I carry a firwire drive which has all my recovery discs on for all my laptops. :ninja:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.