FaceTime ?

Reaction score
Finally broke down and got an iPhone. I've used FaceTime before to call my sister on her iPod. I've tried calling from my iMac to my iPhone to see how it works but I can't figure it out. I'm sure it's something simple but I've googled my fingers to nubs. Help please!

Reaction score
Hey! Should be very simple indeed.

1) Make sure WiFi is activated on your phone since Facetime only works through WiFi.

If you have that you should be able to call your iPhone via phone numer or Apple ID.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
What have you tried already?

You need to sign in with your Apple ID, and then verify your email address.

When I did this, it brought up all the contacts from my iPhone (probably because they are stored in the cloud). If you haven't signed up to the cloud yet, you can manually add contacts to FaceTime. Pop your phone number in there and it should work.

If you have tried this and it still isn't working, then I'm going to have to pass. :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, as Dekan said, you need to have WiFi turned on on your phone too...

OP
Taylor810
Reaction score
Duh, I had to go into general and set it up. Now when I call either from the computer to the phone or vice versa it says it's busy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
Right, because you're trying to call yourself. You're using the same Apple ID on both devices, correct?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
I believe you will have to set up a 2nd Apple ID.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.