IOS 5 Camera App

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
one of the new additions to the iPhone with IOS 5 was the following:

Apple Quote "Capture the moment at a moment’s notice.
Since your iPhone is always with you, it’s often the best way to capture those unexpected moments. That’s why you’ll love the new camera features in iOS 5. You can open the Camera app right from the Lock screen. Use grid lines, pinch-to-zoom gestures, and single-tap focus and exposure locks to compose a picture on the fly. Then press the volume-up button to snap your photo in the nick of time. If you have Photo Stream enabled in iCloud, your photos automatically download to all your other devices".

however, i have seen the icon only once in the last 4 days (very briefly) since upgrading and it has not returned. i have tried to look through the settings but to no avail.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Thanks in advance

J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Which icon? The camera icon at the lock screen? If so, you need to double click the home button, same as getting to iPod controls. This has been 100% reliable for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Are you double tapping the home button?? This is required to get the camera icon on the lock screen.

OP
j0nb0y32
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
Chaps, no, I was not double tapping the home button. I am now though, thanks for the help, i can now see and activate the camera.

I had not realised that this was also a short cut to get the iPhone/iPod controls either. so double pat for Dysfunction up there.

Very much appreciated.

J

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Which icon? The camera icon at the lock screen? If so, you need to double click the home button, same as getting to iPod controls. This has been 100% reliable for me.

Are you double tapping the home button?? This is required to get the camera icon on the lock screen.

Thanks to both of you. I had the same question/problem and had written the lack of camera icon to the fact I have a 3Gs and not a 4 or 4s.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.