m8 forgot his password

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chris12345

hi my m8 has a 1.33ghz powerbook but he has forgot the passwords for it he hasnt got the install cds that came with it but he has got a copy of tiger he has asked me if i can format the harddrive an reinstall tiger and get rid of his password problem if i boot from the dvd will there be an option to format an install ?? i dont no as i have neva installed mac os ever ???

OP
C

chris12345

ok as no one had aneything to say i will say what i think i need to do an will hope that someone will tell me that im right

putin the mac os x 1.04 dvd and press c to boot from the dvd thn pick the option to do a clean install ?? will that format the hard drive and reiinstall the os and give me access to the administrator account ???

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Booting off an install, you should be able to do a clean install. You will need to choose the option that will erase the disk, then install. I have had problems with trying to install a later version of the OS with out the pass word.

I have not had the time to verify this. Someone else, hopefully will come through and correct me.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.