MacBook Pro Kernal Panic...Will not boot (pics)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - OS X Lion 10.7 - 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 4GB RAM - Bootcamp - Windows 7
Made an appointment for the genius bar but I wanted to know if there is anything I can try to resolve this issue:

SAM_0031.jpg

SAM_0032.jpg

SAM_0033.jpg

I tried doing a PRAM reset and NVRAM reset by holding command+option+p+r during start up and it did not work. I tried holding option to boot from snow leo 911 pro and it would not go through with the boot. I opened the macbook pro and was going to take out the battery and hold down the power for a couple seconds but the battery says DO NOT REMOVE and normally I wouldn't care and I know enough about computers and macs to take it out and put it back but its not my computer and I do not want to mess up my friend's computer and possibly void the applecare warranty. Any other suggestions?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I "assume" you have no external peripherals attached to it?

Have you tried a Safe Mode boot?

What software was installed prior to this happening?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - OS X Lion 10.7 - 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 4GB RAM - Bootcamp - Windows 7
I "assume" you have no external peripherals attached to it?

Have you tried a Safe Mode boot?

What software was installed prior to this happening?

no external peripherals except when i tried to boot from a usb drive. safe boot did not work, it looked like it was going to work and then the apple logo flashes to a zero or O (Ø).

no software was installed. it was shut off by holding the power down because the entire system and all apps were frozen, beach ball will not go away, could not open force quit.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
What version of OS X is on the machine?

I'd try starting with the OS X disc that shipped with the machine, when you see the menu bar, head for Utilities / Disk Utility and run both the repair permissions and repair drive.

If Lion - boot holding the option key until you see the boot menu and head for the Recovery partition to try the same thing.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What version of OS X is on the machine?

I'd try starting with the OS X disc that shipped with the machine, when you see the menu bar, head for Utilities / Disk Utility and run both the repair permissions and repair drive.

If Lion - boot holding the option key until you see the boot menu and head for the Recovery partition to try the same thing.

not sure honestly. im 95% positive its not lion, and has to be snow leopard. we do not have to original disk but i have a copy of my snow leo disk. will it matter because the OS is register to a specific disk #?

couldn't i also try connecting my computer to this macbook pro via ethernet and see it if shows up on my desktop? how does that work? migration something.. or..idk

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.