How do I get contacts from Nokia N8 to my new IPhone 4?

Reaction score
I have got a new Iphone 4 a few days back and I presently use a Nokia N8 and would like to switch to the Iphone 4. Have been groping in the dark as to how to get my contacts on N8 copied to Iphone 4 without any luck. N8 recognizes the Iphone4 but not vice versa, via Bluetooth. I'd like the guru's to help me make the transition to Apple IPhone 4 smooth. It's been upgraded to the iOS 5 also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You should be able to export from the N8 to a CSV that you can then load into address book on your Mac or PC then sync to your iPhone

Or

You can use an existing or create a new gmail account and put the details into your N8 and sync contacts with that, then put the same details into your iPhone and sync them back

OP
D
Reaction score
You should be able to export from the N8 to a CSV that you can then load into address book on your Mac or PC then sync to your iPhone

Or

You can use an existing or create a new gmail account and put the details into your N8 and sync contacts with that, then put the same details into your iPhone and sync them back
Thanks very much for the reply. Whats a CSV? How do you sync contacts to a gmail a/c, I already have one? Will appreciate the response.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
CSV = Comma Separated Values
It's just a text file with data separated by commas.

I don't know enough about the N8 to give specific instruction on syncing with gmail but this link should help (you need only enable contact syncing):
Setup Instructions - Google Mobile Help

Then good thing about syncing with gmail is that nearly all modern smartphones support it. So getting your contacts onto your iPhone and an future phone should be easy.

Reaction score
simple way to transfer contacts from nokia to iphone

I have got a new Iphone 4 a few days back and I presently use a Nokia N8 and would like to switch to the Iphone 4. Have been groping in the dark as to how to get my contacts on N8 copied to Iphone 4 without any luck. N8 recognizes the Iphone4 but not vice versa, via Bluetooth. I'd like the guru's to help me make the transition to Apple IPhone 4 smooth. It's been upgraded to the iOS 5 also.

Simply open nokia pc suite
goto contacts
highlight all
file/send/ contact as email
send to yourself
open your mail with iphone
save contacts

need to save each one as a new contact on iphone ,dosnt take that long todo! easy azz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
You should be able to export them in .vcf format which is the industry standard electronic business card format.
I did this when I left an old iBook G4 behind 12 months ago. I exported them to a CD and then imported them into Address Book on my iMac.

Reaction score
got this post by searching. confusing between csv and vcf files.
and still don't know if there is software that can capable to transfer contacts from Nokia to iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
got this post by searching. confusing between csv and vcf files.
and still don't know if there is software that can capable to transfer contacts from Nokia to iPhone.

Just read my post from 10-21-2011
That's the easiest method.

Create a gmail account. Setup your Nokia to sync contacts to gmail.

Setup your iphone to sync with the same gmail account.

Job done. You can leave the gmail account in place to backup your contacts or delete it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.