Macbook Pro 15" (Mid-2010) screen flickering problem

Reaction score
Hey guys! New guy here. So as the thread title says, my MBP has a screen flicker problem. I tried searching for examples in youtube so you could see but my case seems different from the others. The screen flicker my MBP has is similar to a screen static whenever a nearby mobile phone is receiving a call/SMS...happening constantly, it doesn't die off. However, when I try to boot into safe mode or plug it into an external display...it doesn't flicker anymore. What does that mean?

The screen flicker problem started when I reinstalled Snow Leopard because my MBP was stuck at the boot screen. Even in the reinstallation, the screen was already flickering.

Really appreciate your inputs on these. Cheers!

OP
J
Reaction score
Well, I just discovered something. Whenever I untick the Automatic Graphics Switching at the Energy Saver Preferences, the flickering's gone. Does that mean that there's something wrong with the Onboard graphics card (not the Nvidia one)?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.