Wireless Router/Modem for BT broadband

A

A-J

Hi!

I know there are already a number of threads regarding this topic. However, I’ll be ordering my first Mac on Wednesday (if the PBs get updated!!) and would like to know the best way to set up a wireless broadband connection at home.

There will be two machines in the house (powerbook and a Windows PC), I’m after getting a wireless router with built in modem so both machines can get online. The PC doesn’t have to be wireless as I’ll just have the router plugged in next to it.

Can anybody make any suggestions or give me any advice on the best solution?

I’m also interested in hooking up my printer (USB) and stereo to the router. So would the best option be the AirPort Express?

Not sure if this makes a difference but I’m on BT broadband at home and currently using the modem that BT sent.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
you will have to look for a wireless router with an ethernet port or do what i did and get a wired router/switch then get an access point, thats how mine is set up and im with wanadoo which uses the same modem as BT.

As for the printer and stereo im not too sure, i know you can buy print servers but you might be better off just setting the printer as shared.
Stereo, i didnt even know you could get one that hooked up to a network

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.