Internet has full connection but pages do not load

Reaction score
The wireless internet in my apartment was working perfectly until march when it suddenly connecting. I called my service provider and they kept switching out the modems and routers but it wound never work for more than a couple hours after the left. I changed service providers because I thought it was their issue, but the internet is STILL not working with the new provider. It says I have full connection but when I open safari or google chrome, no websites will load. It's no an issue with my mac book pro because it works perfectly in other places. They have also rewired the internet in room. My last hope is that i can fix it through my computer. PLEASE advise.

Reaction score
How do you make a connection to WIFI? Via DHCP or by manually specifying the connection details? If manually, make sure you have specified the DNS entries for your ISP (see /etc/resolv.conf). Without DNS your browser won't be able to find any websites by name at least. Can you enter an IP address like "209.85.148.104" (google.com)? Can you ping this address via a terminal? If you're using a router make sure your Mac knows the ip of the router. By the way, what tells you that you have a "full connection"?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.