Windows wont go

PWB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
4GB + 500GB HDD
I have just tried putting windows 7 home premium on my macbook pro running the Lion osx but it said none of the partitions were formatted in NTSF I tried to get it back by restoreing but now have the message No bootable Devices - insert boot disk and press any key , but my mac didnt come wityh any what do i do ? If I have to have a boot disk where can I get one ?

Reaction score
windows

Try this,

Turn the computer off and when you turn it back on hold down the option key. You should get a option of what to start with and choose macitosh. Let me know if this works?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
None of my partitions?

How many partitions are there on your MBP? To install Lion hard drive needs to be Mac OS Extended (Journalled) selected GUID and in one single partition. Then open Bootcamp Assistant in Utilities,print instructions, download updates and burn to a CD, then proceed with Bootcamp. When you commence Bootcmp you cannot have any other partitions on the drive.

You select the size of the partition from there and when you proceed, you will be asked to format to format NTFS and away you go.

OP
P

PWB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
4GB + 500GB HDD
I have been in touch with Apple and they asked me to do various things that did not work so being the MP is only a month old they are going to look at it and repair it in the local Apple store. But it has made me dubious now about trying to use boot camp on it again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I'd read this:
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/boot_camp_install-setup_10.7.pdf

It details the either Windows 7 bootcamp process, including specifics of which partition to format and how to do it.

Windows has to format the partition created by the bootcamp assistant.

I suspect you just selected the bootcamp partition and continued on.

OP
P

PWB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
4GB + 500GB HDD
Thanks I will look at the link , it jus said when I was presented with the 3 partitions it wasn't able to partition , on each one I clicked because windows needed a NTF partition and it wasn't partitioned correctly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
The install guide explains it step-by-step.
But you basically just select the bootcamp labelled partition-advanced-format-then continue

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.