Cant download the additional components needed to install Mac OS X

Reaction score
My Mac was bought second hand so I thought a clean install was a good idea also the hard drive was eating up my space for reasons I could'nt figure so I
created a bootable copy of OS using a dvd-r. I reinstalled and used the disk utility to erase my hard drive in default (Os Extended) format. I then went to reinstall Lion and with 3 minutes remaining in the installation a message pops up saying "Cant download the additional components needed to install Mac OS X"..............Ill be honest Im not happy about that. I dont know how to fix it. With windows reinstalling the OS was pretty straight forward.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well it may help if you provide us with precise model details of your Mac. What OS did you make on this DVD-R which may not work as a Mac OS X operating system is generally around the 15-10GB mark. How did you erase the drive if you do not have a system disc to boot from? You cannot erase a drive you are booted from.

What sort of Lion installation are you using? Your thread is very confusing.

OP
P
Reaction score
Its a Mac Book pro. 2.26ghz. 4 gb RAM. I created the dvd using OS Lion. Which was just under 4GB file size. I was able to erase the drive because I booted from the DVD that I created then erased my startup HD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.