iOS 5 runs slow and jumpy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.5GHz i5, 4GB RAM
I have a 32GB iPod Touch 4th Gen. I've updated to iOS 5 but when I listen to my music it seems to run slower than it should. Whenever I go to change the song it takes a second or two for the next song to start. I've tried a hard reset but to no avail. Anybody else having this issue?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 imac
I concur.
iOS5 is slow.
Also it is a memory hog, and does not like to have more than a few apps in the switching background,(close them all down all the time for better, but still tardy performance)
even just scrolling on it to choose an app is now sluggish and poor.

OP
audiofader
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.5GHz i5, 4GB RAM
Yeah, I've noticed that closing all the background helps it a bit. Hopefully there will be an update soon and help speed it up.

Reaction score
Turning off iCloud worked for me. Settings->iCloud and disable all features (although I left 'find my iPod' on). I also turned off Bluetooth and unticked all spotlight search options and rebooted but I think it was iCloud that was causing my iPod to lag -Most noticeably the unlock passcode screen, album cover flow, music playback and accessing the camera.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.