Mac OS X Lion hanging since iOS5 upgrade

Reaction score
Ever since I upgraded my iPad to iOS 5 which forced me to update my Mac OS X Lion, my iMac has been freezing with no other recourse than rebooting. I am not even sure that this is related to iOS 5, but it is the one single event that preceded my troubles. Anybody else experienced this issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
Why were you "forced" to upgrade to Lion...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K

I was wondering the same thing. My wife's iMac is still on SL and her iPhone works fine on iOS 5....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Perhaps he wanted iCloud which is only available with Lion.

OP
L
Reaction score

Sorry for the misunderstanding, my iMac was on Lion 10.7.1, you need to upgrade to 10.7.2, to upgrade the iOS 5.0

It is also possible that the iMac is not forzen as much as being extremely slow. When I activate the activity monitor and I open safari, as soon as I click a link inside safari, the activity monitor reports that safari is no longer responding. If I click another app on my desktop, nothing happens and I cannot seem to be able to do anything else, so I reboot as I have very little patience for this sort of thing. I switched to Mac from Windows because I felt that with windows I spent most of my time fixing problems with my computer rather than using my computer do things, it is an extreme disappointment to me that the same seems to be true for the Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.