Adobe CS2 - Deactivate, Reactivate - Computer Upgrade Project?

Reaction score
Adobe CS2 - Deactivate, Reactivate - Computer Upgrade Project?

Hello,

I currently has an Apple PowerBook G4 laptop, running Adobe CS2 Premium Suite software, registered and activated.

I have since, recently acquired a MacBook Pro (MBP) laptop, that I want to use the Adobe CS2 software on.

I was considering using the Apple/Mac "Migration" software to transfer this entire program, over to the MBP, yet being still relatively NEW to the "World of Apple",
I wasn't sure if it would be wiser to simply install directly onto my MBP, using the DVD discs?

So, my main initial questions are:

1.) Do I need to DEACTIVATE, first the Adobe CS2 installation on the PowerBook G4, BEFORE I install the Adobe CS2 on my MBP?

2.) Will I encounter (or not), any issues/problems, REACTIVATING, it on my MBP?

I ask because, I figured that there must be other members here in the MAC-FORUM, that have done similar upgrades from computer to computer.

Thanks for everyone's help, tips, advice, etc...

Have a nice day/evening,

Ed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
If the new laptop is running 10.7 (Lion), CS2 will not run on it.

Other than that, if you've installed it on 2 machines already you'll need to deactivate one. If all else fails, calling Adobe will sort things out in short order (done that more than once, they've always been great)

OP
E
Reaction score
Hello,

What in the software, prevents it from running on Lion?

(I'm new to the "World of Apple", so slowly learning my way around..) :Smirk:

Thanks!

Ed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It was written for PowerPC processors. New Mac's are Intel based. Apple dropped legacy processor support on Lion (there are actually a bunch of good reasons to do this). In short CS2 was written for 2004/2005 hardware.

OP
E
Reaction score
Hello,

Ok, thanks for the more detailed explanation, so sounds like it should/might still run under Snow Leopard, but preferred to use Lion.

I wouldn't mind at all to upgrade to CS3, CS4 or the latest CS5 version, if it was more easily affordable...

Thanks!

Ed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, CS2 will run under Snow Leopard.

At least upgrades are generally discounted :)

OP
E
Reaction score
Hello,

Do you happen to know, can I upgrade "directly" from CS2 --> CS5 ,
(meaning, don't need to 'step through getting the software in order' such as: CS2 --> CS3 --> CS4 --> CS5)?

Thanks!

Ed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, in my experience.. Upgrade versions are FULL versions, but require a VALID upgradable serial number to install. As well as the upgrades SN. Check with Adobe regarding their CS2 > CS5 upgrade path

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.