Duplicate iCal entries in iPhone after iCloud sync

Reaction score
I, too, just updated to ios5 on iPhone. I am getting duplicate entries in iCal and Reminders ONLY on my iPhone. I have Macbook Air.

I stopped syncing through iTunes. When I turned on "iCloud sync" for Calendar, it said it was going to "merge" the calendar events, but instead duplicated some (NOT ALL) of them.

How can I fix this?
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
You need uncheck the local calendars "From my Mac" and have "iCloud" calendar sync as your default. From memory it is in settings>mail,contacts,calendar> and then scroll down til you find the calendar settings.

OP
L
Reaction score
Do you mean for me to do this on my iPhone? There is no box for me to uncheck "from my Mac". Settings just lists iCloud as the sync method already.

Btw, I have a Verizon iPhone 4 with ios 5.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What calendar accounts do you have listed when you launch the Calendar app on your phone and press the calendar button top left?

OP
L
Reaction score
Oh! For the first time ever I see an "all iCloud" account listed. Then I have 4 others calendars listed below that. (I only use two). Should I uncheck the other four calendars?

OP
L
Reaction score
No. That didn't work. If I uncheck any of the calendars, iCloid calendar also automatically gets unchecked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you have accounts listed under the iPhone tab?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Open up the Calendar app > Click 'Calendars' in the top left

That will then open up the settings for which calendars to display. Then just make sure 'All iCloud' is selected.

EDIT: I just realised that Pendlewitch told you to do the very same. If that didn't work then I'm out of answers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When you launch the Calendar app in the top left is a button called Calendars. If there are calendars listed under iPhone then you need to uncheck them and make sure all the iCloud calendars are checked.

No worries Chuckoir it's taking us all a while to get this right!

OP
L
Reaction score
When you wrote "Do you have accounts listed under the iPhone tab?" I'm not sure where to look.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Clicking the 'Calendars' button
6264124640_ab725c73ec_b.jpg

Will lead you to this screen...

6264096760_9ae282d52c_b.jpg

As you can see, I have 'All iCloud' checked. You should be able to uncheck whichever ones you don't want to display.

OP
L
Reaction score
Yes. That's what I have. But I still have duplicate entries on my iPhone!

When I said I didn't know where to look, I was responding to Pendlewitch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I see. In iTunes do you still have Sync iCal Calendars checked?

OP
L
Reaction score
No. I unchecked that.
Also, as I said before,if I uncheck any calendars such as home, the all iCloud unchecks by itself !?!?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok in Ical preferences what is your default calendar in the General settings and is it ticked against iCloud also what is the account called in Accounts, it should be something like iCloud CalDAV

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Where I'm going is you may have duplicate CalDAV accounts and you need to back up and delete them.

This is the copy text from a previous thread I was involved in so try this.

"Easier still.... I didn't find a duplicate account under iCal prefs. So I went to THE CLOUD, opened up my calendar and unchecked the duplicates. You can tell immediately if you're unchecking the right one because your events will disappear if you're wrong. Of course, if that happens, just check it again. Once you uncheck the RIGHT duplicate.... click on EDIT and delete. Same goes for Reminders."

Voila! Open up the iOS devices, and watch THE CLOUD push changes to them. No more duplicates."

With thanks to Mac2Dream for the above.

If this doesn't work I'm stumped.
Liam

OP
L
Reaction score
Ok. I'm assuming you meant for me to look on my MacBook. I don't have it here at work. I don't think I have any duplicate calendars.
When u say "I went to the Cloud". How did u do that? I tried going to iCloud.com for my iPhone but I couldn't find out any info. It just went to a page telling me how to set up the cloud, which I thought I already did.
Btw, now I have some calendar entries in TRIPLICATE!

OP
L
Reaction score
I'm not sure my reply was posted:

Ok. I'm assuming you meant for me to look on my MacBook. I don't have it here at work. I don't think I have any duplicate calendars.
When u say "I went to the Cloud". How did u do that? I tried going to iCloud.com for my iPhone but I couldn't find out any info. It just went to a page telling me how to set up the cloud, which I thought I already did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not sure my reply was posted:

Hi,
I can understand your frustration.

Apple - Support - iCloud - System Status

This may help. Perhaps you might want to consider going the iTunes route...I've found with Apple that resistance is futile. I upgraded to iOS5 via my iPhone, then discovered I needed Lion, then discovered I needed iPhoto11 for the photo stream bit.
Your iCloud ID should be the same as your iTunes ID.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.