Iphone Wifi Connection

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac10,1, Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06 GHz, 4gb Ram
Need some advice

Since upgrading my IOS software I cant connect to my wifi connection anymore.

I have turned the phone on and off, disconnected from the wifi link and reconnected, but doesnt connect, I just get the little symbol that shows it is trying to connect

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
You could try restarting your router.
Are you syncing with any other device/desktop?

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am syncing with my Mac if that is what you mean.

I know the wifi is working as my Ipad is fine

I will try the router on off tonight and see what happens

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What does it say in your Wi-Fi connection settings in your phone, you may have tried this already ? In other words is it picking up your wi-fi and is it turned on?

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What does it say in your Wi-Fi connection settings in your phone, you may have tried this already ? In other words is it picking up your wi-fi and is it turned on?

It has it as an available network, just has the little circle flashing next to it meaning that it is trying to connect, but it never connects

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Then a reset/restart may help, failing that I'm stumped.
Find the ip address for your router in network settings on your Mac and put it into safari as http:// ip address, this should open your router panes and reset from there, it's better than pulling the power cord but then again that will reset as a last resort.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks, I will give this a go tonight

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
You have an option to reset the network settings on the iPhone. This will usually solve the issue. Go to settings > general > reset > reset network settings. Then power off and back on. Then you should be able to setup the network again.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Will this lose all my network setting though?

Weird thing is, I went to a mate yesterday and my wifi worked fine at his, so it must be the router

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Weird thing is, I went to a mate yesterday and my wifi worked fine at his, so it must be the router

Well,
It shouldn't if all you do is restart the router. You should be able to do this through the router's portal as I described above. Basically it has an IP address on your own local network so you would enter it just like clicking on a website. If there is no password set-up then just enter/submit at Log in and look for the command that says Restart Router.
If there is an option to do a Firmware update then do that as well. Out of date Firmware can also be cause of problem connections.

That said most people just go to the Power cord and pull it out, wait a minute or two and then put it back in again. Rudimentary, it does work, but you won't know whether your router is up to date, be able to change channels and it can corrupt things occasionally.

Your choice really!;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have a Linksys router we use at work (no key) and a Netgear at home (no key either) and set up the Netgear router first. One of my neighbors has a Linksys that is keyed, and when I'm at home, for some reason it constantly wants to be connected to the Linksys. It's not mine, I don't know the key, and wish it would stop trying to connect. That's my only real gripe with the phone so far. Maybe it's got something to do with Apple and Cisco's agreement on the iPhone name.
1.gif

That's unusual given that it's keyed. Check in Settings>Wi-Fi to see if it's a known network, in other words is it in the list of networks to choose from? If it is select that network and click "Forget this Network".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

How did you get on?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.