IP address change?

Reaction score
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this to be posted (please direct me to the correct spot if it is wrong!) I play a MUD (really nerdy, text-based game) and on the specific one I play, we can have only two characters. I want a third! So someone suggested changing my IP address to create a third character, but I have no idea how to go about doing that, if it costs money, if it would even be applicable in this situation... please let me know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this to be posted (please direct me to the correct spot if it is wrong!) I play a MUD (really nerdy, text-based game) and on the specific one I play, we can have only two characters. I want a third! So someone suggested changing my IP address to create a third character, but I have no idea how to go about doing that, if it costs money, if it would even be applicable in this situation... please let me know.

Well, there are services out there that provide you with an international IP Address but this does cost money. Many expats both US and UK have these to allow them to access web pages from their 'native country' that are not allowed in the present one. Netflix being a specific one.

if you are NOT running Lion, you can perhaps use this:
https://www.my-private-network.co.uk/

if you ARE running Lion, this one is good
Watch UK TV online abroad - My Expat Network

Hope this helps to answer the question

J

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.