All users profile

Reaction score
if i want to copy some files in all users desktop . so that who ever login those things has to be available . Can any one tell me the path where i need to copy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
I don't think there is an All Users location like in the Windows world.

There is /System/Library/UserTemplate which is kinda like the Default Users directory in Windows. But that is a a one time shot and does not apply to existing user profiles.

You may need to do a shell or apple script to do a defaults write command to place something in the Dock. Or an Apple script or Automator action to create the Alias you want on their desktop.

Keep in mind, Mac users have some of the most unorganized Desktops you have ever seen and adding anything else to the Desktop might be futile.

Try not to think in the Windows sense just because it makes sense to you.

OP
A
Reaction score
thanks for you reply.

Just i want to know if i create some allias for any application and place in desktop it is reflecting only for that user . if i want to get it for every user who logins to the machine i am not finding a way

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.