Suggestion for PC user moving to Mac Pro

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking to move over to Mac finally after years of contending with a PC. A few things to note - I'm definitely looking to invest in a Mac Pro quad core which I will use primarily for music production with Pro Tools and I'm looking to spend around $3500.

I'm just wondering what's necessary in terms of hardware for my request.

2.8, 3.2 quadcore or 3.33 6 core processor?

how much ram is necessary?

what is a RAID card, and is it worth the money?

1 TB, 2 TB, or 512GB solid state? I'm still not sure of the difference between a regular hard drive and a solid state, so if someone could give a brief explanation that would be great.

What is a fibre channel card and do I really need one?

The monitor I'm looking at is listed here Newegg.com - SAMSUNG P2770FH ToC Rose Black 27" 1ms Full HD HDMI LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 70,000:1 (1,000:1)

and the mini display to hdmi is listed here Amazon.com: Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter Cable, 6 feet: Electronics

Just wondering if this monitor and cable I selected are compatible are a good choice.

Again, I'm going to be using this computer for music production mainly. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.