How to get iCloud to delete email from all devices

Reaction score
I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to this type of stuff, so please talk slowly and use small words :)

I have an iPad, a iPhone 4s and an iMac. When I get an email, it shows up on all three devices, which I like. However, when I delete the email from one device, i'd like it to be deleted from all devices. Is this possible with iCloud?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I do remember reading that iCloud only syncs your mail settings however I think this depends on how your mails are being pushed to your devices i.e is your mail account set up in IMAP or POP? I think IMAP is the method that will sync all mailboxes.

You can find out which by clicking Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars> "Mail" Account and see what it says.

Reaction score
iCloud doesn't sync your messages. It only syncs settings, calendars, contacts, etc. in your mail. I think it depends on your mail server actually (yahoo/hotmail/gmail, etc.) Maybe you can log into your mail on the web and see if there are some settings there that can be changed, instead of trying settings for iCloud.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.