Internet Connectivity

Reaction score
Hi. I have read through others posts with "similar"(but not the same) problems and tried those fixes with no success. Wiped my Core i5 MacBook Pro clean and started fresh with Snow Leopard. Since then, every time i have others on my network with me, my internet drops on and off every 10-30 minutes, or seems to. It ONLY happens when others are on the network as well. I checked and when that happens my upload rate stays high, around 500kb - 1mb but my download rate drops to 5kb or nonexistent. This usually disconnects me from anything i'm doing, "web page cannot be displayed", online games disconnect, etc. If i turn airport off and back on, it usually turns back on instantly. Having to do this while in a raid is getting irritating. I've downloaded every update i can find. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

BTW This does not happen on any other computer on my network. And it happens when i log on at school, home, or anywhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 2.9 GHz i7 8 GB RAM, MacBook Pro Mid 2009 13" 2.26 GHz 4 GB RAM
Well if it's not happening on any other computer on your network then its your Airport card, your gonna have to have a technician look at it. Or try changing the channel on your router to a stationary channel. Most router these days use auto.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.