OS X Lion upgrade

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
i am currently trying to make the leap from snow leopard to lion and have tried numerous times to upgrade. i have the free space available approx. 16Gb and i have 4Gb of memory on my macbook circa 2008 as the sticky above advises.

However when it pops out of the page, as it does and lands on the dock at the bottom it, seemingly, starts to download. ah, but then it stops and appears to be 'waiting'

any idea what it is waiting for? as it has been waiting for about 4 hours now..

thanks in advance

j

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How fast is your connection? And who is your ISP? Lion even on a very fast connection takes a while to download and install. If you have a slow connection take your machine to the nearest Apple Store and download Lion from there. (That is if there is an Apple Store near where you live.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Free space available?

If 16GB is all that is free that could well be your problem. To work anywhere near efficiently a hard drive requires, as a rule of thumb, 15% free space. So if the drive is say 200GB, you would need to keep at least 30GB free. You may well be in the market for a bigger hard drive jonboy23.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
i am currently trying to make the leap from snow leopard to lion and have tried numerous times to upgrade. i have the free space available approx. 16Gb and i have 4Gb of memory on my macbook circa 2008 as the sticky above advises.

However when it pops out of the page, as it does and lands on the dock at the bottom it, seemingly, starts to download. ah, but then it stops and appears to be 'waiting'

any idea what it is waiting for? as it has been waiting for about 4 hours now..

thanks in advance

j
I had a similar issue, a message appeared saying that there was a problem with my connection and did I want to re-try. I clicked yes and the Lion icon in the dock disappeared but the App Store tab still read "Installing'... after an hour and a half it then auto-installed...maybe just walk away and leave it. Failing that then the previous posters seem to have it sussed:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.