can i mention JB here ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Hi i am hoping to get my £500 iPhone 4S within a week, my very first Apple Phone, my outgoing HTC Desire is OK but the battery life and internet speed is crap etc. anyway, what i did do with my HTC was i "rooted" it, and gave it a new identity, now i am scared stiff to put it back to standard etc. etc.

Jailbreaking (the same thing as Rooting) is it really needed, does it give me more control over Battery Life and do i get to load different Roms etc. Does it give me as many advantages as Rooting my HTC gave me ?.

Another thing thing, is it easy and is it foolproof.

The word BRICK comes to mind, and i don't want that.

Perhaps i should just enjoy my new phone as it comes out of the box !.

I have already downloaded a few helpful Apps on Battery Life, which i can already read on my "better halfs" iPad2

Tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
What is it that you need the phone to do usually there is an app for that ?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
What is it that you need the phone to do usually there is an app for that ?

Very fair comment buddy, i should just enjoy it when it arrives and not think anymore about JBing

Thanks, yeah there is certainly loads of Apps for dammed near everything, i was amazed last week, i was looking in WHSmiths there are big glossy magazines there costing £10 telling you all the best Apps !!!!!! I DID NOT GET ONE !

tim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.