Out of internal memory, but NOT REALLY!?

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but here we go; I'm new!

I'm an audio engineer/video editor and I've always used my Glyph Terrabyte to do all my work inside of while working.

My problem right now is that I tried to bounce out a track out of Pro Tools the other day, and my iMac said I was out of memory on my computer. I quickly right-clicked on my Macintosh HD on my finder and it said I had 999 out of the built in terrabyte already used!

I quickly went around my computer and deleted all audio/video/photo's I did not need. So far, it still says i've used up all my memory.

Anyone have any idea's what the problem could be?

I've already deleted everything out of the trash bin and I am currently in the process of erasing free space off my Hard disk drive using the Utility tools built into the computer..

Anyone know why my computer isn't freeing up any memory?

Also! I tried deleting files off my glyph hard drive for extra space, and it's still showing up that even that's FULL..

I'm going crazy, please help if you think you can! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Out of memory? Or out of drive space? Big difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Ya, you need to be clear with your terminology. Hard drive space/storage space is NOT the same as memory. You are low on hard drive space.

Easiest first thing to try - do a safe boot, which does some repairs in the background:
Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode
(restart normally after it is complete)

Next, start looking for temp files and duplicates of movies you were working on. Suggestions:
Free up space on your Mac with Disk Inventory X

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.