Events library file missing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac Mini Aluminum/320g intel Core 2 duo/2g memory/2.4 Ghz/NVIDIA GeForce 320M
Help !!!!!

I accidentally deleted my events file....when I open my hard drive, you have the red,yellow,green buttons, then to the right you have your viewing settings.Then you have the box with the arrow, then the box with the searsch "eyeball", then your settings sprocket icon with the arrow. After that I have a huge question mark!.......huh? so I click on it and it says, "no item found". I noticed this after installing LION 2 days ago. Where do I go to get this events library file back....?

OP
iCrazy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac Mini Aluminum/320g intel Core 2 duo/2g memory/2.4 Ghz/NVIDIA GeForce 320M
anyone out there......help? ......um, why does it say it's posting at 5:29am, when it's 12:30?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you looking for your User Library file? It's now hidden by default in Lion. To unhide it type the following in Terminal:

Code:
chflags nohidden ~/Library/

OP
iCrazy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What's terminal? I'm confused?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
What's terminal? I'm confused?

An application found in your Applications / Utilities folder.

anyone out there......help? ......um, why does it say it's posting at 5:29am, when it's 12:30?

Because you did not set your time zone when you registered as it requested and just left it as the default.

To change it - use the Profile link at the top of the page - Edit Options - scroll down to Date & Time Options - make your change - then scroll down and click on the Save Changes button.

(And do not post the same question multiple times/places. Thanks.)

OP
iCrazy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Let me try to explain what I'm looking for again.....I keep my hard drive icon on my desktop. When I click on it and open it, you get the large window. From the TOP, left to right (at the top of the window...the gray bar across the top).......1st,you have the red,yellow,green buttons, then to the right you have a box with four seperate viewing settings.Then you have the box with the drop down arrow, then the box with the search "eyeball", then your settings sprocket icon with the drop down arrow. After that I should have another drop down window...(THIS IS WHERE THE BIG QUESTION MARK IS......)...then after where the missinf drop down is, you have the search bar..... so I click on the question mark is and it says, "no item found". I noticed this after installing LION 2 days ago. .....help, what I need is someone to open their hard drive and tell me what the correct name of my missing file is? I believe I didn't use this feature in snow leopard, and may have trashed it anyways.....BUT I would like to get it back.......to use it from now on.....I believe it's called an "events" file with a drop down arrow, but I don't know what it's called.....:Oops:

this is what's missing…..jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why don't you right click on the top menu and then select "customize toolbar". That will show you all the icons that could be placed in the toolbar. Maybe you can figure it out from there.

OP
iCrazy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
All I can say to you sir (chscag)......is THANK YOU, THANK YOU!...You hit it on the nail!......worked like a charm. I also FINALLY got ahold of my brother and had him tell me what he has on his window top (he has 3 i-macs..and is running lion on 2 of them now), and I ended up using the default LION icons.....and that silly arrow is now GONE...!!!!! Take a bow my friend you have saved the day, and my hats off to you sir!....Man I just love this forum, people are so nice and willing to help us noobs........have a great evening!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad you got it fixed. Have fun and visit often. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.