Greyed thread box.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
I mentioned this a while ago, but never really got any input on it. I think, just as the topics page of the forums have, the threads page in each topic should have the greyed bar going across the screen to help align your eyes to the proper replies count and whatnot.

screenshot20111018at420.jpg

In this picture you can see how easy it is to match each side of the screen.

screenshot20111018at420.jpg

In this picture you can see how it can be a little difficult to match up each side of the forums.

I'm just recommending putting that grey bar on each section your mouse is hovering over so that it matches the main forums page. Let me know what you guys think.

- ImageX

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Thanks for your feedback, ImageX. I completely agree. Hopefully this is something we can integrate in the forum redesign, which I'm told is already underway.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just so others understand:

On the topics page (Home) you're referring to the grey bar that appears when you place your cursor on a topic which then helps to line up with the latest thread of that particular forum.

And that the grey bar is not available on the page which shows the threads in a forum.

The forum software is something we do not have control over, however, we can of course submit requests for changing it through the proper channels.

Thank you for your suggestion and interest in improving our forums.

Edit: cwa107 got in there ahead of me. I type too slow..... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
whilst i understand that developments are in process for the updated forum, are there any plans for a mobile version for use on iPhones for example?

j

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
whilst i understand that developments are in process for the updated forum, are there any plans for a mobile version for use on iPhones for example?

j

We do have an iPhone skin, which is a benefit to Premium Members like yourself. If you look in the Premium Members forum, you'll find a sticky with details on how to enable it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
We do have an iPhone skin, which is a benefit to Premium Members like yourself. If you look in the Premium Members forum, you'll find a sticky with details on how to enable it.

ah!, thanks very much i will check it out.

J

edit - just checked it out, and it is exactly what i was after, thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.