iPad2 & PPC music conflict

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Running TIGER (Mac OS X 10.4.11) Dual 2 Ghz PPC G5 4.5 GB DDR2 SDRAM
I've been having some trouble finding a way I can load music onto my iPad2. My desktop is a PPC running Tiger and I can't seem to find a means to make OSX 10.4.11 & iPad2 work together. All the apps I find require my music to initially be on an Intel machine in order to get them loaded onto my iPad. I'd really like to find a way to do this without needing iTunes.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Running TIGER (Mac OS X 10.4.11) Dual 2 Ghz PPC G5 4.5 GB DDR2 SDRAM
I've been having some trouble finding a way I can load music onto my iPad2. My desktop is a PPC running Tiger and I can't seem to find a means to make OSX 10.4.11 & iPad2 work together. All the apps I find require my music to initially be on an Intel machine in order to get them loaded onto my iPad. I'd really like to find a way to do this without needing iTunes.

Hmmmm . . . :\ No responses because there is no answer or because it's just a dumb question?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Without iTunes? Why? Not easy. Does the iPad show up as a HD/Disk Drive icon on the PPC desktop? If so you can drag and drop to a music folder no problem.
Maybe the iPad has the option to mount it as a drive in it's settings? If so you will need to enable it first, and then you would be good to go. As I don't have one I can't test it, but it should be possible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.